Our business philosophy helps you enrich your business
Trademark is a sign, logo, name or mark, used to distinguish the goods or services of one person from those of others. Trademarks related to goods and services are administered by the Trade Marks Act, 1999. Trademark registration is valid for 10 years and the registration can be renewed every 10 years thereafter upon payment of renewal fee.
We can assist you with the following:
- Preliminary searching of existing trademark by conducting trademark searches so that applications are not rejected on grounds of repetition of already existing name.
- An application for the filing or registration of trademark so as to enable exclusive legal rights to the owner of the trademark. Simultaneously, examination of application by the Trade Mark Registry (TMR).
- Filing as well as responding to oppositions raised on the registration of trademark by trademarks office (TO) or any other party. Preparing responses for TO actions and attending opposition hearings whenever required.
- Publication of the mark in the Trademarks Journal. Rendering monitoring services so that marks published in the Journal can be monitored and protected from being copied or infringed.
- Handling trademark registration issues and suggesting corrections or amendments in the application, if any.
- Preparation of renewal instruction letter for trademark renewal and forwarding the same to TMR for updating docket records.
Who can apply for trademark?
- An application for registration may be made by any person who is registered with Intellectual Property India online and wants to protect his / her mark for such goods and services for which he is using or intends to use the mark.
- The owner / proprietor must have the intention to use the mark at the time of filing the application.
- Foreign proprietors can also apply for registration of trademark if substantial decisions are undertaken in India.
- An application for registration can be filed in that TO in whose jurisdiction the principal place of business falls. But if the principal office is not in India then the applicant can file the application in the TO in whose jurisdiction the lawyer / attorney appointed by the applicant is situated. In case it is the company which is yet to be formed then anyone can apply for the registration on behalf of the company.
Our organization can assist you throughout pre-registration trademark process. From preliminary searching of registered trademark to acceptance of registration of the trademark, our team of experts will execute all the steps and make the process hassle-free for you.