At MAS, we believe in rendering services not only catering to domestic business but also for growing business beyond the limits of domestic market. Before going global, a number of procedures and laws in place are necessary to be followed and different registrations / licenses are to be obtained. Import Export Code (IEC) is one of the pre-requisite for imports or exports to and from India. IEC is issued for lifetime and needs no renewal.
Why do you need IEC?
- For clearing shipments by an importer from the customs authority
- For sending shipments by an exporter by the customs port
- Exporter receiving money in foreign currency directly into his bank account
- For availing benefits on imports and exports from Customs, Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), etc.
List of documents / information required for registration
- A copy of permanent account number (PAN) Card (For Individual / Firm / Company)
- Aadhar Card / Passport / Voter Id (For proprietors)
- Address Proof of the firm. In case the address proof is not in the name of the applicant firm, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) by the firm premises owner in favor of the firm along with the address proof is to be submitted as a single PDF document is mandatorily required
- Bank certificate / pre-printed cancelled cheque is mandatorily required
- Contact details: Mobile number and e-mail I’d of all individuals / directors / partners
- Any one of the following:
- Sale deed
- Rent agreement
- Lease Deed
- Electricity bill
- Telephone bill
- Mobile Postpaid bill
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Partnership Deed