"AJSH & Co LLP"    is now    "Mercurius & Associates LLP" "AJSH & Co LLP"    is now    "Mercurius & Associates LLP" "AJSH & Co LLP"    is now    "Mercurius & Associates LLP"

Setting up business in USA/UK


Company Incorporation in USA

Company incorporation

We offer a hassle-free services of company incorporation in USA. The process begins with a thorough consultation and expert assessment of the company formation, ensuring that it complies with the requirements of setting up a company in the desired country. Post which, our experts collect and prepare the necessary documents and submit the application for company registration. At the end of the registration procedure, a certificate of registration would be delivered to you via courier service.

We shall assist you with the following activities:

  • Incorporation of a company
  • Certificate of Formation/Incorporation
  • Operating Agreement
  • 12 month registered agent service
  • Assistance in setting up of a virtual bank account

Obtaining EIN number

  • Employer Identification Number, commonly known as EIN is a mandatory tax id number that allows you to conduct business in the USA. It acts like an identifier used by the IRS for businesses and other entities. One needs the EIN number for tax filing, sales tax registration, opening a bank account, etc.

Obtaining ITIN number

  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number is a tax processing number in the United States provided by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Iit is issued to the individuals who are required to have a tax identification number but are not eligible to have an SSN. Therefore, ITIN is only issued to nonresident aliens and not to the citizens (unless they are ineligible for SSN).

US Taxes
Our team stays regularly abreast with changes in tax policies, administration & regulations and domestic & international jurisprudence. We assist businesses to maximize value by identifying and implementing extensive procedures for corporate, international and local taxes to ensure that the cascading effect of all taxes together is minimal on our clients. We possess extensive experience in filing of tax returns and are fair on the state and federal tax filing concepts. We assist our clients with the following:

  • Monthly / quarterly / bi-annually / annually sales tax return with the department of revenue.
  • Individual, LLC, S-corp, C-corp returns in the USA using authorized third-party softwares such as Turbo tax or Tax Act
  • Form 1099, 1040, 1040A, 1120, W2, K1,etc

Company Incorporation in UK

Company incorporation for non-UK citizen could never be easier than this. Our team of professionals can help you determine the best-suited corporate structure for your business in the UK and incorporate the entity accordingly. Our services include”

  • Formation of the company
  • Registering of Companies House Filing
  • Digital as well as Printed Certificate of Incorporation, Share Certificates, Memorandum & Articles
  • VAT Registration (if required)
  • A registered office address in London for 12 months (with free scan and email service)
  • Discounted .com or .co.uk domain name
  • Assistance in setting up a virtual bank account

UK VAT number

  • One must register their business for VAT with HMRC if its VAT taxable turnover is more than £85,000. It is applicable for businesses that supply goods or services in the UK indifferent to where they live or where their business is established.

UK Taxes

  • We assist our clients in filing VAT return with HMRC in the UK, Set of accounts, CT600 with Companies House and HMRC, and personal taxes. We also assist with payroll tax processing for RTI submissions, FPS/EPS returns, P45, P60, P11D filing.


The procedure for registration varies slightly from state to state and is somewhat dependent on whether you’re forming an L.L.C. or a C-corp. Here are some of the basic steps and requirements:

  • Choose a unique name as a trademark
  • Register with state agencies
  • Get a registered agent
  • File for foreign qualification
  • File state documents and fees
  • Register with local agencies
  • Open a business bank account
  • Right of the compliance function to openly disclose its findings and views to senior management, board/ ACB or board committee.

To register a U.S. company from the U.K. is access to capital. U.K. startups raised USD 16.6 million in venture capital in 2020. Contrast that with USD 130 billion raised in the U.S. that same year. Altogether, there is a much larger startup ecosystem in the U.S. and many more opportunities for funding. U.S. investors often prefer that U.K. companies incorporate in the U.S. A corporation able to offer U.S. equity to American employees has a bigger talent pool to draw upon.

The tax rate also partially plays an important role. Some investors were ready to finance U.K. registered companies at 35%, the U.S. corporate tax rate did not offer a competitive advantage compared to the U.K.’s. Since then, the U.S. corporate tax rate has dropped back to 21%, regaining its edge and making U.S. corporations more attractive to investors. Most importantly, corporations formed in the U.S. have to deal with less bureaucracy overall, and the Delaware courts, mainly, are known for their efficiency in corporate legal proceedings.

There are two kinds of corporate entities non-citizens can open in the U.S.:

  • Limited liability company (L.L.C.)
  • Corporation ( C-corp)

While foreigners are frequently recommended to form a C-corp, there are some distinct advantages to incorporating as an L.L.C. The most evident of these is a limited liability- meaning members are protected from personal liability for business decisions, and personal assets are secured if the company incurs debt. L.L.C.s are also free from the strict record-keeping necessary for C-corps and have almost no limitations on profit sharing between members.

Many new businesses select the C-corp business structure. The benefits of forming a C-corp are significant. The most often-cited reason is the ability to expand by offering unlimited stock: a feature that is often attractive to investors. Foreign owners also find relief in the C-corporation structure for its ability to protect them from close I.R.S. involvement. Of course, that shield comes with the double tax, but that financial damage is frequently escaped by careful tax planning, which can be structured to cancel out most of the double taxation.

If your company is already a U.K. limited company, you can use the “Delaware Flip” approach to effectively move it to the U.S. This is easiest when your company is still young, with hardly any shareholders and outside investors. In essence, you file articles of incorporation for a Delaware C-corp, then acquire your U.K. company and make it a subsidiary.

The steps for registering a company in the U.S. if it’s registered in the U.K. are as follows:

  • Recruit U.K. accountants and lawyers to ensure you have all the mandatory regulatory acceptance to convert your business. You’ll also need to pay off all debt and outstanding equity.
  • Register a Delaware corporation. This needs you to name officers and directors and allot shares.
  • The shareholders in your U.K. limited company agree to contribute all shares, cash and intellectual property in the U.K. company to the new U.S. corporation, making the U.K. company a subsidiary. This requires a share repurchase; you may wish to use a clearance letter so your shareholders can avoid paying income tax on the payment they receive from you.
  • Your new U.S. registered corporation to acquire your U.K. company as a subsidiary.

There are four main types of business structures in the U.K., and each has various tax liability implications for owners and shareholders:

  • Sole trader
  • Partnership
  • Limited liability partnership
  • Limited company

A sole proprietorship is an uncomplicated business type, and it does not require any formal filings. A person is automatically contemplated as a sole proprietor if he performs business activities but doesn’t register as any other kind of business. A drawback of a sole proprietorship and why an individual should not start his business as a sole proprietorship is that he will take personal liability for all business matters. It means his business assets and liabilities are not separate from his assets and liabilities. As a result, he can be held personally liable for the debts and obligations of the business. If his business gets sued or something happens to his business, he will be personally responsible for his business. So, an individual should 100% look to form an L.L.C., C-Corporation or S-Corporation if he is starting a business in the U.S. Once the person is sure about how to begin a business in the U.S.A., he can expect realistic returns.

There are numerous visas that you can apply for building a business in the U.S. Many companies have been started by immigrant founders who left their home country to work on developing a business in the U.S. The various type of visas which can be applied for building a business in the U.S. are as follows:

  • E-1 and E-2 visas
  • EB-5 job creation visa or permanent residency visa
  • L-1 multi-national transfer visas
  • 0-1 visa- individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement

At MAS, we assist our clients with the following services for incorporating a company in the U.S.A.:

  • Incorporation of a company
  • Certificate of formation/ incorporation
  • Operating agreement
  • 12 month registered agent service
  • Assistance in setting up of a virtual bank account
  • Obtaining E.I.N. number
  • Obtaining ITIN number

At MAS, we assist our clients with the following services for incorporating a company in the U.K.:

  • Formation of the company
  • Registering of companies house filing
  • Digital as well as a printed certificate of incorporation, share certificates, memorandum & articles
  • V.A.T. registration, if required
  • A registered office address in London for 12 months (with free scan and email service)
  • Discounted.com or .co.uk domain name
  • Assistance in setting up a virtual bank account
  • U.K. V.A.T. number
  • U.K. Taxes


Ready to assist with your Queries